Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Providing database support to all members of the project team.
- Performing database analysis, conversion loads, reorganizations, verifications, recoveries and general maintenance support.
- Providing application support during development and testing and provide production database support.
- Reviewing logical and physical design characteristics of the existing databases and makes recommendations for modifications to ensure optimum operation efficiency, particularly during migration activities and conversions to JAVA applications.
- Monitoring the operational databases to identify problems of database availability, efficiency, validity and security.
- Working closely with both the application programmer and the compliance and security specialist to make sure any developed systems incorporate all necessary information assurance and security requirements and that through test of all developed systems and patches are bug-fee and operate effectively and efficiently.
- Providing systems analysis to complete a thorough needs analysis prior to beginning any database architecture design work and to assist the applications programmer in designing, developing, and deploying new, high quality software solutions.
- Working closely with the hardware/software installation expert to make sure all installations are appropriately developed and tested before they are operationally certified.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years’ experience in relevant field. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Experience in the following:
- SQL Development
- Structured Query Language (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Oracle Data Warehouse concepts and technology
- Oracle Web Center Portal
- Oracle Web Servers Weblogic Scripting Tool
- OracleWebLogic, Resin and Tomcat Application Servers
- Oracle Access Manager replacement
- Demonstrated experience developing application against large Oracle 10g, 11g, or 12c databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills for interacting with and presenting findings to project and task team members, customers, management, and support personnel.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and dependable and able to manage and handle change.
- U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the following:
- Oracle 12C and future Oracle releases
- Queues, including:
- Oracle JMS
- DBUNIT, HTTPUnit, Jprobe, JMeter development and performance analysis tools
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.