Help Desk Technician
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
CCE Help Desk Technician provides tier III support to Military Treatment Facilities (MTF) worldwide. The candidate’s core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Resolving network, hardware, and application software issues specific to Coding.
- Updating and responding to questions from the client (SDD) and end users (MTF).
- Educating the end users on new processes and procedures of the coding compliance editor for every new release.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical discipline with 2+ years of help desk experience with a preference for customer service and support. An equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training or work experience may be considered.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Client and Server Operating Systems including XP, Vista,Win7 and Server/Win2k3/8 Server.
- Sufficient understanding of Microsoft SQL 2008 to install and configure.
- Service driven, to track issues through to resolution and follow up with customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems over the telephone.
- Ability to work with MHS helpdesk incident tracking systems and PSI internal tracking systems.
- Ability to recognize, classify and escalate problems as needed.
- Must have experience working with the federal government agency; preferably DoD.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected must be able to successfully pass an extensive Government background investigation
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Additional years of experience, including experience in with medical health systems, and working in a military environment.
- Availability to work extended hours, 24x7 (as required), shift work, and additional hours at critical time and on short notice.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.