B2B Marketing Manager
ASHA is looking for an experienced marketing professional with demonstrated copywriting and creative experience to support the growth of non-dues revenue for asset sales (product and recruitment advertising, mailing lists, sponsorships, exhibit sales and corporate partnerships). The Marketing Manager for ASHA’s business-to-business sales will collaborate with non-dues generating clusters, such as Marketing, Recruitment, Convention & Meetings, and ASHA Professional Development to coordinate the marketing components for our growing vendor segments. The candidate will be responsible for strategic planning, creating and delivering marketing concepts and materials across multiple platforms and teams for the different saleable assets, and ensuring the messages are consistent.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and has excellent project management skills.
This position is funded by ASHA's New Initiatives Fund. The New Initiatives Fund is used to provide a three-year employment opportunity with the option, based on a financial evaluation at the end of three years, for the position to move into the budget.
- Create collateral for assets sold for ASHA's in-person events (in collaboration with Convention & Meetings Team), including online events, product and recruitment advertising, mailing lists, sponsorships, and corporate partnerships
- Develop marketing plan for saleable assets
- Ensure that marketing messages are supportive of and consistent with ASHA's overarching vendor marketing strategies
- Coordinate flow of information and communication across multiple channels and platforms and disseminate it according to plan/strategy
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Oversee design and production of print ads and marketing campaigns
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- BA, BS or higher in marketing, communications or related field, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of business-to-business or event marketing experience in a similar position in either a non-profit or corporate organization
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience in developing and executing multiple, integrated cross-channel campaigns using direct mail, print advertising, e-mail marketing, social media opportunities, mobile technology, and other marketing tactics
- Ability to collaborate with internal non-dues revenue teams
- Ability to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Experience that shows strategic, creative, and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
- Basic design/graphics experience a plus
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software suite; familiarity with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) databases (Salesforce.com preferred), Marketing Automation and Social Media platforms, Google Analytics, Excel Pivot Tables.
- Experience in identifying the customer need using the full marketing mix of product, price, promotion, and multiple sales channels
- Experience in developing and interpreting sales reports and tracking the results of campaigns, in order to make ongoing recommendations and to execute new initiatives targeted to the appropriate audiences.
- Experience in developing marketing survey tools to increase learning about the behavior of buyers and prospects. Ability to interpret results to aid in business decisions.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience copywriting, proofing, and editing focused marketing communications, including feedback to graphic designers on layout and design
- Demonstrated ability to work with large volume of work with tight dead-lines
- Independent problem-solving abilities and a high level of confidence in decision-making
- Strong organizational skills
- High energy, proactive, creative, collaborative, analytical individual with a passion for building business
- Experience in strategic planning and seeing "the big picture" and in execution of marketing initiatives