This position is responsible for routine informal purchasing of goods and services. Also, assists with formal Invitations for Bids and Requests for Proposals. Will be responsible for maintenance of automated purchasing system including data entry, standard and customized reports, and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of one year experience in professional purchasing environment.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs required. Yardi a plus.
- Working knowledge of, or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of, public procurement, HOC policies and procedures, applicable county, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Professional buyer certification (CPPB) preferred.