Special Assistant to the Associate Vice President - Georgetown University Medical Center Advancemen
Special Assistant to the Associate Vice President - Georgetown University Medical Center Advancement
Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) is an internationally recognized academic medical center whose missions of research, teaching and patient care are carried out with a strong emphasis on community outreach and the Jesuit principle of cura personalis — care of the whole person.
The Special Assistant to the Associate Vice President provides high-level strategic and day-to-day administrative support activities coordinated among Advancement staff, Senior Advancement staff, Medical Center, and University leadership. Duties include but are not limited to:
Support to AVP
- Manages the workflow of the Office of the Vice President.
- Establishes Advancement priorities.
- Coordinates information flow within the Office of Advancement.
- Facilitates smooth communication with external stakeholders.
- Monitors prospect portfolios.
- Orchestrates the complex process management of the AVP's critical work product.
Technical/Systems and Database Assistance
- Serves as a resource to for analytics and translation of GUMC data.
- Leads or provides support for special project.
- Serves in leadership or supporting roles on various GUMC Advancement initiatives and events.
- Convenes meetings on behalf of the GUMC Advancement to advance projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years of proven experience, preferably in a highly visible setting and working with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage programs, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and in an organized manner, and work effectively with a broad range of constituents
- Ability to conduct research, assimilate data, communicate effectively, and work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as sound judgment to ensure initiatives and policies are developed/utilized in ways that are beneficial to Medical Center Advancement and the University
- Outstanding interpersonal communications and understanding
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite and social media
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.