Data Warehouse Architect
AboutWeb is currently seeking a Data Warehouse Architect to perform as the technical lead on our most complex BI and data warehousing projects.
- Responsible for full life cycle of data warehouse implementation and support
- Elicits BI and analytical requirements through engagement with business stakeholders.
- Leads the development of data management strategy and data governance model for Business Intelligence where metrics and KPIs are governed by the business ensuring proper definition and documentation.
- Establishes standards, framework, and architecture to support data consumption from the data sources into an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Defines an overall BI/analytics and data consumption strategy broader than any single tool.
- Establishes a governed self-service model for data delivery
- Effectively communicates ROI of BI and data warehouse to C-suite and other stakeholders
- 8+ years leading successful, large-scale BI and data warehouse implementations (must be referenceable)
- Expert knowledge of industry best practice Business Intelligence, Data Governance, and Data Warehouse methodologies and architectures
- Expert knowledge of Dimensional Data Modeling (Kimball)
- Current, hands on expertise with all relevant technical skills (Front End, ETL, SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, Identity Management)
- Proven experience optimizing data warehouse performance based on system and network constraints
- Expertise with industry-leading Business Intelligence platforms e.g. Oracle, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, or Microsoft
- Expertise with industry-leading Data Visualization tools e.g. Tableau, Qlik, ODV, Power BI
- Expertise with industry-leading ETL tools e.g. ODI, Informatica, Ab Initio
- Expertise with industry-leading databases e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, AWS Redshift, Teradata, Netezza)
- Experience implementing data security mechanisms to safeguard data (e.g. PII, HIPAA)
- Ability to obtain necessary security clearance (e.g. Public Trust, DoD Secret)
- Experience with Cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Information Assurance (e.g. Certified Authorization Professional, Risk Management Framework)
- US Based, Mostly East Coast
- Must be able to travel up to 80%