Financial Analyst - 1209
The MIL Corporation seeks a Financial Analyst to support a Federal Government client at our Charleston, South Carolina location. As a member of the team, the Financial Analyst will ensure complete, accurate and timely processing/recording of customer financial transactions and data.
• Ensure recording and processing is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Government practices and standards, and other regulatory guidelines, legislation and/or policies
• Perform data analysis and reconciliation of assigned budgets, contracts, liquidations, financial statements, and subsidiary records
• Analyze accounting transactions and reports and makes necessary adjustments
• Support a defined operation or function: provide financial guidance to a variety of internal and external customers of the Working Capital Fund (WCF); prepare one-time and recurring reports, summaries, and replies to inquiries; select relevant financial information from a variety of sources
• Analyze WCF invoices and revenue reports for proper authorization and completeness
• Verify customer accounting fiscal data through systemic reviews ensuring the accuracy and completeness necessary for successful billing
• Assist in the preparation of audit responses for both internal and external audits
• Bachelor's in Financial Management, Business Administration or a combination of courses and related work experience
• 2 years of relevant work experience
• Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
• Excellent customer service and client interaction skills
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Demonstrate initiative and a desire to learn
• Very good analytical skills
• Experience with CGI Federal Momentum and/or Federal Government financial management is desired, but not required
• Experience with Federal Government accounting/financial management policies, practices, operations, and procedures
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.