The Receptionist is the front line representative for the dealership and must represent the dealership in a professional, friendly manner at all times. She/he greets customers as they enter the showroom and directs them to the appropriate party in accordance with dealership policies and answers basic inquiries. The receptionist intercepts, screens, and routes incoming calls, takes thorough messages and provides basic information to callers. The receptionist also assists in salesperson day to day activities such as administering dealer tags and gas tickets.
In this role, you'll primarily:
- Greet showroom customers and determine the nature of their visit.
- Direct customers to the correct department, notify the appropriate salesperson that a customer is waiting, or introduce the customer to a salesperson.
- Answer basic customer inquiries and refer more extensive inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Enter data into computer operated prospect tracking system.
- Manage switch board.
- Communicate with callers in a professional, friendly and efficient manner, striving to minimize the time they are put on hold.
- Take thorough messages indicating the caller's first and last name, company name if applicable, the time, and the message the caller wishes to leave.
- Communicate messages to all appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Provide basic information to callers who have general inquiries.
- Update and distribute company telephone roster when necessary.
- Perform clerical duties and accounting duties as assigned by controller or GSM.
- Serve as showroom greeter.
- Other duties assigned by Management.
For this role, you'll need:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to speak clearly and pleasantly on the telephone and convey the image of professionalism and competence to callers and in-person customers
- Must have a positive attitude
- Willingness to help salesmen, managers, other personnel