Legislative Business Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
Position Opening: Legislative Business Analyst
Department: Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk
U.S. House of Representatives
Starting Salary: $72,634 - $99,983
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
Job Summary: Seeking an applicant with knowledge of the legislative process to serve as a legislative systems business analyst who will consult with customers to identify and specify requirements, prepare business cases, define systems scope and objectives, describe data, and assist with management of key legislative information and authoring systems. The applicant we are seeking should be an energetic, self-motivated person interested in the dissemination of legislative data to data partners, both internal and external, to the House of Representatives. The applicant must be able to perform quality assurance activities and translate business requirements into user documentation, testing, and training materials. Project management activities will include planning and implementation to ensure successful integration with existing systems. Experience with Information Technology Management and/or software development is a plus. Experience with eXtensible Markup Language (XML) is a plus. System administration experience is a plus.
The applicant must have the temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner. The applicant must also be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities. The applicant must have an analytical mind, be detail-oriented, and be able to produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar.
Requirements: Experience and knowledge of the legislative process including:
- Two or more years of experience analyzing business problems or policy issues and developing plans to address issues, problems, and concerns.
- Experience in legislative process in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Experience with Information Technology and Project Management:
Experience with Information Technology support.
- Experience with project management, including gathering, scoping and drafting requirements documentation.
- Experience with programming and software development is a plus.
- A 4-year college degree required.
- Contact: No telephone inquiries please. Interested individuals may fax, mail, or email a cover letter and resume to:
Ms. Cindy Leach
The Office of the Clerk
Legislative Computer Systems
2401 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D. C. 20515
Apply for Legislative Business Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly