Mechanical Engineer - Production Support
Engineer II - Mid-Level
US Citizenship Required
Quality Systems Applications, Inc.
QSA is a progressive engineering and information technology firm in Arlington, VA. We provide a customer-oriented, friendly working environment; and are looking for an enthusiastic individual to become an integral member of a team that rewards self-motivation, dedication, and high-quality professional work. Successful candidates will join a small, highly productive team with a proven record of success. QSA is looking for a technically-minded professional with strong self-direction and interpersonal skills; an excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
- Provide technical analysis in support of Navy shipbuilding program to resolve planning, design, material, or other issues
- Perform analysis of production, inspection, and testing data
- Determine required corrective action based on manufacturing trends and QA results
- Assist with investigations of issues involving manufacturing processes, assess the adequacy of corrective action, and work with different organizations involved in the solution
- Give summary presentations on technical topics related to inspection, testing, and quality assurance
Candidate must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Ability and willingness to travel as required in support of the client, including the ability to spend limited time aboard ship.
Job location is in Arlington, VA.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline (or 10 years of relevant experience)
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing, QA, or shipbuilding
- Understanding of manufacturing, inspection, and testing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise with MS Office products, especially Excel
- Strong self-direction and initiative
- Ability to work independently with Navy customers and other contractors
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with team members
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to professionally communicate issues that need to be escalated
- Ability to create and present summary briefings on technical issues