Political Direct Mail Writer
ACCESS Marketing Services is a strategic communications firm based in Washington, D.C. Political organizations, trade associations, candidates and businesses use ACCESS services to communicate directly, effectively, and accurately with customers and voters.
The Writer is a member of the Creative Services Team and is responsible for creating content/copy mainly focused on digital media and direct mail for candidate campaigns, ballot initiatives and issue advocacy. Additional responsibilities may include writing strategy memos, marketing collateral and presentations, proposals, reports, and multi-page publications for both internal and external clients.
The Writer will:
- Develop written copy for direct mail for multiple candidate, ballot initiative and issue advocacy campaigns each year.
- Act as a liaison between the Creative Services team and Polling team to develop content for campaign mail, websites, strategy memos, etc.
- Work with the Creative Services team and various internal teams to develop content for marketing presentations, etc. across the company.
- Track polling projects – provide writing support when needed/requested.
- Create guideline/briefs for any freelance or temporary copywriters to ensure messages are on target for each race.
- Review any freelance/temporary copywriter submissions to compare to polling messaging when required.
- Edit and provide FINAL internally-approved content for layout (manage internal copy review process).
- Manage copy deadlines as they fit into production timeline.
- Proof read content and designed pieces before client review.
The writer should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, Journalism, Marketing, or another related field.
- At least 3 years of experience writing for political campaigns and/or a direct mail firm is required. Please provide samples.
- Driven – possess ability to work with minimal supervision, but still actively participate as a member of a team. Own the project and drive it to completion.
- Acute attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
ACCESS offers a competitive salary and strong benefits package including the ability to telecommute. Please forward your resume and three direct mail writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org