Princ Analyst, Info Security
7 days left
- Full Time
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. 4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
* Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
* Security Clearance: active TS/SCI
* Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
* Excellent writing and communication skills; including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
* Proficient is MS Office suite ? Visio; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; and Project Travel:
* May need to deploy in support of U.S. contingency operations; up to 180 days. Experience:
* 8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design
* Technical experience in Network and Transport technologies; tools; and techniques
* Experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
* Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
* Experience with CISCO and Juniper; switches; routers; Cryptographic devises; VPN and VPN client.
* Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules; Solar Winds Network Management; OPNET NetOne; HP Network Node Manager; etc.)
* Experience with CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance; etc)
* Experience with supporting IP services to connect to NIPRNET; SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4; VPN; IPv6; Multicast; QOS; SDN; SNMP; VOIP; VTC; etc)
* Experience with EIGRP; OSPF; BGP and multicast. Desired Certifications:
* Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
* CompTIA Security +
* CISCO CCNP; CCVP; CCNA or CCDP
* ITIL v3 Foundations
* ISC2 CISSP
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.