Sr Principal Engineer, Enterprise Management
2 days left
- Full Time
The Enterprise Management Principal Engineer shall perform design, implementation, and configuration of Enterprise Management Applications to include but are not limited to BMC Remedy, MyIT, Discovery ADDM, TrueSight Operations, TrueSight Capacity Optimization, and SolarWinds Network/System management. Candidates for the position require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and must be knowledgeable about implementing IT Service Management (ITSM) and other IT practices to optimize, transform, and ensure the customer's compliant, efficient, and effective use of the Remedy/BMC software platform. The Remedy/BMC engineer will architect and deliver end-to-end automated solutions that include the technical implementation of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, workflow customization, ticketing design, process automation, report development, dashboard creation, and system configurations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Identify, troubleshoot and resolve defects encountered during various stages of project delivery, including during the deployment and implementation of the solution
* Recommend robust configuration management procedures, standards, and best practices for using Remedy ITSM capabilities.
* Plan the population and management of the CMDB along with associated central libraries, tools, common codes and data and ensure the regular maintenance of the system.
* Ensure that CIs are uniquely identified with naming conventions.
* Ensure the proper baseline identification of configuration items, perform periodic audits, and provide verification of version release configuration items.
* Reconciliation of discovery data in BMC CMDB environment; and integration of discovery solutions with CMDB.
* Evaluate additional functionality and features offered within the Remedy suite
* Work with customer stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and implement configurations or customizations to BMC Remedy solution
* Review existing BMC Remedy ITSM solution functionality to identify and determine operational impact of implementing or not implementing enhancements based on industry and learned best-practices
* Review, document and recommend enhancements to BMC Remedy ITSM processes
* Review, validate, design, and deliver various levels of user training and documentation to facilitate consistent and predictable use of the BMC Remedy solution by system users
* Create/Modify Remedy workflows and application configuration for helpdesk trouble ticketing, incident, problem, change, and asset management.
* Provide documentation of Remedy Action Request System (ARS)/ IT Service Management (ITSM) to include workflows and customizations.
* Includes responsibility to install, configure, upgrade, customize, and maintain the BMC Remedy ITSM application, to include the ITIL-based processes for Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Configuration, Asset, Service Level, Availability, and Capacity Management.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* BMC Certifications in Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping, Remedy Service Desk & Change Management, and Truesight Operations/Capacity Optimization are desired.
* 8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis is preferred but not required
* Demonstrated ability to interact with customers and external teams to gather critical project information.
* Demonstrated experience with BMC Remedy Action Request System 8.x,9.x- Installing, Configuring, Upgrading, Customizing
* Demonstrated experience with BMC Remedy ITSM 8.x, 9.x- Installing, Configuring, Upgrading, Customizing ITSM modules like IM, PM, CM, SRM etc.
* Demonstrated experience with BMC Remedy CMDB 8.x, 9.x: Out of the Box BMC Atrium CDM model including Class Relationships Discovery integrations with Remedy & Atrium CMDB, Atrium Integrator
* Demonstrated experience with out-of-the box and third-party integration with BMC Remedy tools, web services and APIs
* Strong Development Expertise on BMC Remedy ARS 8.x, 9.x, ITSM 8.x, 9.x, CMDB 8.x,9.x
* Demonstrated experience with BMC Remedy Atrium CMDB with at least 1 full cycle implementation. Strong development, configuration and Admin experience on CMDB
* Demonstrated experience with MY IT and SMART IT
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.