Princ Analyst, Info Security
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. The selected individual will provide hands-on day-to-day security operation, maintenance and customer support of a Microsoft Windows network. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Perform user account administration
2. Enforce media control policies
3. Perform security audit reviews
4. Implement and enforce DoD computer security policies/procedures/directives
5. Provide system security training
6. Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
7. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
8. Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
9. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
10. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
11. Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
12. Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
13. Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
14. Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
15. Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
16. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
17. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
18. Participate in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
* 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Must possess a current Security+ (CE version) or CISSP certification
- Hands-on experience with command line security audits
- Must be proficient in MS Windows audit analysis
- Must have experience in documenting detailed security audit events
- Have working knowledge of MS Windows OS functionality and command line input is essential
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.