Sr Help Desk Technician - TS/SCI Req'd
7 days left
- Full Time
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
* Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
* Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
* Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
* Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
* Provides troubleshooting and support.
* Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
* Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of educatio n, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 3-5 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
* Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA A+; CompTIA Network+; CompTIA Security+CE ; Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP); OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification.
* As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
* Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold or be able to attain a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.