Sr Administrator, Systems
7 days left
- Full Time
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
As a fully competent specialist, establishes complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems assigned. Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance. Prepares system for operational use and support operational tests.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* MCTS or equivalent Certification required
* ITIL v3 Certification preferred
* DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
* 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Must have a Top Secret-SCI security clearance
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.