Cloud-Data Center Infrastructure Systems Architect (TS-SCI)
2 days left
- Full Time
Researches, designs, and develops Data Center Solutions including Systems, Networking, Storage, IA, and EMS for large scale, multi-site solutions. Expert in current industry Data Center capabilities and functionality including; consolidation, virtualization (systems, storage and networking), applications virtualization, and cloud design. Experienced in service automation and provisioning, power consumption and distribution, cooling, floor loading, … Understanding of Data Center implementation planning and sequencing, Development, Test and Government Accreditation process, Applications Migration, Data and User transition, Centralized Systems Operations, Backup, COOP, and other ITIL process disciplines that contribute to Total Cost of Ownership.
Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications as well as be most cost effective. Evaluating and documenting Data Center design alternatives , and Cloud design alternatives and qualifying efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Leads development of compliant, clear, and compelling proposal content to support capture of large systems integration and delivery efforts. Artifacts include proposal response volumes,Systems Architectures,System Development Packages,BoMs.
* Bachelors Degree. Masters degree preferred
* 15-20 years systems engineering experience
Four years of hands on experience with cloud technologies with experience in at least two of the following: AWS, Azure, Google, Private Cloud, Platform as a Service, Software as a Service
* Understanding/identifying customer "hot buttons" and developing plan that addresses each
* Leading/building team consensus and conveying messages in compelling proposal volume
* Expert knowledge of software engineering principles,methods,techniques.
* Design Experience in large scale, enterprise-wide systems, providing user facing core IT services such as virtualized cloud architectures, virtual desktop, email, unified communications, or related Enterprise productivity applications.
* Virtualization and cloud architecture experience
* Thorough understanding of public cloud technologies including AWS and/or Azure and infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc).
* Thorough understanding of and/or ability to solution service offerings across
* Infrastructure (including outsourcing best practices, transition, and ITIL)
* Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
* Experience with Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies or AWS Certifications and OpenStack
* In-depth professional experience in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, Unified Communications products
* Prefer a candidate that holds a vendor neutral cloud certification such as Cloud School’s Cloud Certified Architect, Cloud Credential Council’s Professional Cloud Solutions Architect or CompTIA’s Cloud+ or vendor specific certifications such as AWS-CSA, VMWare VCP-5 or VCP6-Cloud or Microsoft Solutions Expert (Private Cloud).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.