Medical Officer - Direct Hire
5 days left
- Full Time
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position may be subject to strict prohibited financial interest regulations for the employee, the spouse, and minor children of the employee. The applicant may be required to contact the FDA Ethics and Integrity Staff to discuss these regulations and file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 450) which this position may have, and/or limit the ability of the employee to perform certain official functions. Until the FDA Ethics and Integrity staff clear the selectee for this position, a final offer letter may not be granted.
Cut Off dates are Friday, March 31, 2017, Sunday, April 30, 2017 and Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Applications received after the cut-off dates will receive consideration through the closing date.
This HHS position meets the criteria outlined in OMB M-17-18 and is exempt from the hiring freeze.
These vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
Some positions may be filled as Permanent, Temporary, or Term Appointments.
Some positions may be filled as Medical Officers, or Lead Medical Officers.
This position may be subject to peer review.
This announcement is being used to create an inventory of qualified applicants for Medical Officer positions and will be used to fill immediate and future vacancies.
Although this vacancy announcement is advertised for multiple duty locations, it is not intended to convey any implication nor expectation that positions will be filled at all locations.
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical locations.
Please select one or more appropriate specialization area listed in the questionnaire sections of the announcement.
Candidates may be eligible to receive Title 38 Physician and Dentist Pay (PDP) in addition to the regular General Schedule base salary T38 PDP is determined by the FDA Center to which you may become employed. T38 PDP includes additional pay based on the following: Base Market Pay in the amount of $63,600; Clinical Specialty Pay which ranges from $0 to $40,000 and is dependent upon your medical specialty, Hematology/Oncology Clinical Specialty receives an additional $20,303; FDA-related experience pay which ranges from $0 to $10,000 based on years of FDA-related experience or exceptional qualifications pay as determined by the Center; and Board Certification pay of $2,000 for each certification held. To receive T38 PDP, you must have an active unrestricted medical license.
- Not Required
- May or May Not be Authorized.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): All Physicians must meet the following basic requirements:
DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accredited body in the year of the applicant's graduation OR a Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. (Such equivalency is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the Basic Requirements above, the candidate must also meet the following:
RESIDENCY TRAINING: Five years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
Note: A residency program involves training in a specialized field of medicine in an institution accredited for training in the specialty by a recognized body of the American Medical Association (AMA) or AOA.
GRADUATE TRAINING SUBSEQUENT TO DEGREE: 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., 1 year internship or the first year of a residency program. This graduate training must be approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the U.S. or Canada.
MEDICAL LICENSURE REQUIREMENT: You must have an active (unexpired) medical license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Medical licensure is required for an individual who will be compensated under the Title 38 Physician and Dentist Pay and for who performs services incident to or directly involving patient care. You must retain your license while employed with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This licensure requirement is in accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402, OPM Delegation Agreement with HHS, and HHS policy on T38 PDP.
Copy of medical licensure must be submitted with application under this Direct Hire Bulletin.
Note: Within Federal clinical and training programs, a distinction is made between general practice and specialist positions. Specialist positions require graduate training and experience related to the specialty and subspecialty of the position to be filled. Experience may not be substituted for training essential for performing specialized duties. The length and content of residency programs depends upon the specialization and requirements of recognized accrediting American medical specialty boards.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov. This equivalency requirement may be met by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECMG), or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed medical education in the United States with graduate education completed in a foreign country.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service. Please also refer to the American Board of Medical Specialist link: http://www.abms.org/ .
Conditions of Employment:
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Financial disclosure statement may be required.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Bargaining Unit Position: NO
- Drug Screening Required: NO
- Recruitment Bonus: May be authorized.
- Relocation Bonus: May be authorized.
- Research position: SOME MAY BE: Research positions require an evaluation of the scientific contributions, recognition and professional standing of the researcher as they relate to the position being filled. Include all pertinent information regarding their research accomplishments, e.g., list of publications and presentations.
- Supervisory position: NO
Q - Nonsensitive