Health Care Financing Reform Intern (Spring 2017)
Convergence Center for Policy Resolution seeks an Intern to support a research project on health care financing reform. We are most interested in individuals with interest in, knowledge of, and experience with, health care policy issues, such as health care financing, the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, health care subsidies, and other relevant issues. Interns majoring in, or having graduated in, public health or public policy are preferred.
The project Intern will have the opportunity to contribute in the following ways:
- Perform substantive research and analysis on relevant health care financing and policy issues.
- Draft briefing notes and reports for the project team and stakeholders.
- Provide support for internal and external meetings; including preparing materials, logistics management, and note-taking.
- Participate in interviews with leading policymakers, academics, analysts, and others.
- Provide administrative support to Director and Project Staff.
- Attend outside events and seminars.
- Take part in weekly staff meetings.
The experience at Convergence will:
- Cultivate a deep knowledge of health care financing and policy issues.
- Provide exposure to policy making on local, state and federal levels.
- Provide experience in coordinating meetings with high-level policymakers, analysts, and others.
- Provide the opportunity to attend roundtable discussions and meetings to listen and learn.
- Cultivate a deeper awareness of self, skills, and interests.
- Educate about the process of consensus building.
- Have an interest in, knowledge of, and experience with, health care financing and policy issues.
- Be able to commit to at least 20 hours per week. Full time, 40 hours per week, highly preferred.
- Have excellent research, analytical and writing skills.
- Possess strong administrative and logistical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines.
- Be flexible and proactive concerning work assignments.
- Work well independently or as a team.
- Have a strong command of written and spoken English.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be fluent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This is an unpaid position, though interns are reimbursed commuting costs up to $7 per each working day.