Program Development & Expansion Intern - Summer 2017
RESULTS Educational Fund (REF) | ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership is seeking an enthusiastic Program Development & Expansion intern to begin May 2017. This is an unpaid position, however reimbursement is provided for daily travel (e.g. Metro, bus).
RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund are sister organizations that together combine the voices of passionate grassroots activists with strategic grasstops efforts to end poverty. By empowering individuals to exercise their personal and political power for change, we leverage millions of dollars for programs and improved policies that give low-income people in the US and around the world the health, education, and economic opportunity they need to thrive.
The Development & Expansion intern will work directly with Development & Expansion team staff in support of overall project needs. The duties listed below are subject to change based on intern interest and/or organizational needs.
- Preparing, updating, reviewing, and editing correspondence, reports, or other written materials.
- Conducting research to identify foundations/ potential funders to advance program areas and assisting with development of grant proposals and progress reports.
- Supporting various program development projects, including global expansion efforts.
- Assisting with logistics and travel arrangements for events, conferences, and meetings, especially the 2017 RESULTS International Conference (July 22-25)
- Providing overall administrative support such as: phone coverage, photocopies and faxes, preparing envelopes for bulk and mass mailings, and setting up conference calls.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
This position is part-time (approx. 15-20 hours a week). Desired skills and qualifications include:
- Experience and/or interest in international development/poverty issues.
- A background in Public Administration, Development, Public Health, International Affairs, Business Management, or other related fields.
- Experience and/or interest in grant writing or proposal development.
- Office experience desired, preferably in a non-profit setting on a team-oriented project.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate ideas.
- Personable and able to work well with others
- Excellent follow-up, time management, and organizational skills.