Senior Records Analyst - Office of Advancement
5 days left
- Full Time
Senior Records Analyst - Office of Advancement
Senior Records Analyst is a position offering significant opportunity for professional growth and the development of new skills as Georgetown University completes a groundbreaking transition project to a new Salesforce database platform in the coming year. S/he updates and maintains constituent data in Advancement's new internal alumni and donor database, and working in a team of other Records Analysts and Managers, helps to ensure the database integrity and accuracy for more than 180,000 living alumni and more than 600,000 constituent records total. The Senior Analyst assists in testing and data migration to the new platform.
The Senior Records Analyst manages and executes data imports from external sources into the database, and coordinates with all individuals responsible for providing data imports to ensure timely and accurate updates of the data. S/he coordinates with the Information Management Group and Associate Director of Constituent Records on corrections and improvements to all recurring data imports, and assists the Associate Director of Constituent Records in maintaining alumni and student data integrity. Additionally, the Senior Records Analyst assists in managing student workers, acts as a backup to colleagues, and assists with answering department phone lines as needed. Reporting to the Associate Director of Constituent Data, the Senior Records Analyst has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages and is responsible for education data integrity.
- Runs data checks and cleanups following the matriculation and graduation data imports run by Information Management Group (IMG) from Banner (internal Registrar's database).
- Researches individual records in and exports data from Banner in tandem with IMGs Banner import to ensure complete and accurate data.
- Coordinates corrections and improvements to the larger periodic Registrar data import program with IMG and the Associate Director of Constituent Records.
- Manually updates or creates biographical records in Millennium database to reflect confidential personal data crucial to Development and Advancement activities.
- Performs address, phone, email, and biographical updates, including managing updates received through the Alumni Records team email address.
- Manages and distributes updates received via the Alumni Records team email address.
- Codes records properly when they should be excluded from mailing lists or other forms of contact.
- Checks student work to ensure that updates performed are completed accurately in a timely manner.
Mass Data Imports
- Using data coding tools, imports data into internal database from lists provided by Office of Advancement and university staff and sources such as Phonathon.
- Ensure data integrity as it relates to student updates within data imports.
- Research and identify opportunities to increase the efficiency of current technology and platforms.
- Manages the data integrity of Scholarship and Fund data, including importing data from Student Financial Services and error-checking Fund contact records.
- Works with the Stewardship team to ensure the data is correct in a timely manner for their communications requirements.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in data management - preferably in higher education and/or non-profit setting
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Data-minded and comfortable with reporting, data analysis, and marketing terminology.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, and consistently meet all deadlines and goals
- Ability to assimilate data, exercise sound judgment and discretion, and work independently
- Accuracy in materials preparation and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Sensitive and experienced in customer relations
- Ability to work with internal and external partners in positive and collaborative interactions
- Familiarity and comfort with use of formulas in Excel and Microsoft Access
- Experience with Banner and Salesforce platforms
- Knowledge of database reporting
- Familiarity with creating and running SQL queries
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.