Office of the Registrar
Non-Exempt, Contingent II, Full Time, Pay Grade Stateside Nonexempt 007
The University of Maryland University College seeks a Team Associate in the Office of the Registrar. Under direct supervision, the Team Associate performs the full range of multi-functional clerical/operational duties as part of an institutionally defined self-directed team. Work involves a broad variety of specialized tasks and methods consistent with a clearly defined team-based work environment and continuous quality improvement objectives. The Team Associate will participate in providing guidance and instruction to Team Assistants.
1. Receives and directs incoming calls and visitors. Responds to general inquiries requiring research or interpretation of relevant departmental policies and procedures. Makes referrals to other team members or teams as appropriate.
2. Maintains manual and automated record-keeping and filing systems. Codes, sorts, processes, and files the full range of team documents and materials. Assembles, enters, edits, and retrieves data and records.
3. Operates office equipment such as multi-line telephones, personal computers, typewriters, facsimile machines, and photocopiers.
4. Prepares worksheets, tables, correspondence, and standard reports. Participates in the preparation and review of statistical and other reports for completeness and accuracy.
5. Identifies and resolves clerical process problems impacting productivity and quality. Participates in developing new or revised processes.
6. Assists in planning and coordinating team clerical work. Coordinates work flow of assigned clerical tasks or function.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years in clerical work.
- General knowledge of team office practices, procedures and equipment; of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Skill in independently performing a broad range of team clerical and operational tasks including computer data entry, basic arithmetic calculations and compilation of statistical data; completion of standard forms, creation and maintenance of paper and computer files, preparation of standard reports and data summaries, and responding to requests for general information.
- Skill in effective telephone usage.
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed team-based work environment; to understand and apply team quality and performance standards.
- Ability to plan and independently perform specialized clerical tasks; operate all team office equipment; to communicate both orally and in writing; to follow oral and written procedures and processes; to establish and maintain effective work relationships both within and outside the team; to operate personal computers and software; to understand and interpret department policies and procedures; to provide guidance and instruction to Team Assistants.
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.