Senior Director, Development
Senior Director, Development
Office of Institutional Advancement
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.4
University of Maryland University College seeks a Senior Director, Development. Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement (VPIA), the Senior Director provides leadership and direction in major and leadership gift fundraising efforts, including corporate, foundation and individual giving. Works closely with the VPIA to develop and implement strong programs that elicit philanthropic support from alumni, friends, organizations and corporations.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Under the direction of the VPIA, manages all programs of major and leadership gifts.
- Manages a portfolio of 100 prospects and is assigned a specific annual fundraising monetary goal along with goals specific to prospect and donor contacts, and proposals/asks done.
- Assists the VPIA in designing and implementing a program to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors o UMUC.
- Under the direction of the VPIA, leads the Blue and Gold Giving Society including solicitation and recognition
- Assists the VPIA in leading the prospect management process
- Supervises the major, planned and leadership giving fundraisers.
- Works with volunteers as assigned.
- Manages specific fundraising mini campaigns as assigned by the VPIA
- Represents IA in committees and meetings as assigned by the VPIA
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and five years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising with a successful record of assisting in the design and implementation of fundraising programs. Demonstrated experience and knowledge in major gift fundraising with specific attention given to foundation and individual experience. Candidates must demonstrate experience in obtaining five and six figure gifts and have at least two years of management experience. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary. Demonstrated ability to handle complex tasks, to formulate plans and to carry out objectives and to interact effectively with individuals is required. Travel and evening work required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in capital campaigns preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.