Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. In this position, you will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external communications on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant oversees special projects and must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is results-driven. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will be able to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
In this role, you'll:
- Complete a variety of administrative related tasks for the President and CEO.
- Manage and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Research, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments.
- Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Provide leadership to manage a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Facilitate coordination of travel, when necessary, in support of executive agenda.
- Works with the Community Relations team in coordinating the President's outreach activities
For this role, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff, external partners and customers
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- To be a highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- To be a forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Apply for Executive Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly