$80,000+ annually for experienced candidates
The Sales Manager is responsible for assisting the Dealer in planning, organizing, and controlling the sales of the New & Used Sales Department. The Sales Manager also measures the performance of the employees in the department and provides assistance to them.
- Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
- Strive for harmony and teamwork with all other depts.
- Attend managers' meetings.
- Assist the Dealer in forecasting controllable expense elements for the new and used vehicle depts.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect new & used vehicles sales.
- Hire, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of new and used sales employees.
- Report all vehicles sold.
- Directs New and Used salespeople to enhance the image and customer satisfaction ratings of the dealership.
- Communicate with and mentor new and used salespeople to ensure that dealership policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Set sales and gross objectives for salespeople.
- Guide all salespeople in setting their objectives on a short and long-range basis.
- Review all sales people's performance.
- Develop programs of improvement for those sales people who are failing to reach their objectives.
- Will supervise the salespeople to ensure that they follow their owners on a planned contact basis.
- Will evaluate each quarter gross performance of the salespeople.
- Will conduct a weekly sales meeting.
- She/he will keep accurate sales records, both daily and monthly.
- Will insist that the salespeople follow the company's prospecting program to obtain maximum results.
- Comply with manufacturer's training for self and salespeople.
- Recommend to the Dealer the inventory to be carried by color, model, and equipment, based on a variety of customer and market analyses.
- Help salespeople close deals when necessary.
- Confirm salespeople's appointments are in Elead
- Maintain standards for the delivery of vehicles to customers.
- Will coordinate the function of the salespeople with the Service Dept., Parts Dept., and business office.
- Assist Dealer in the development of advertising campaigns and other promotions.
Education and Experience:
- 2 Years of experience working in sales management
- Experience managing groups and teams
- Mentality that no job is too small
- Ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels of the organization
Apply for Sales Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly