Web Content Manager (850-679)
The Web Content Manager will bring USP’s voice and vision to life online, conceiving and executing web content strategies to deliver an engaging online experience. This position is responsible for editing and development of online content, its process and ensuring that the content is in line with the organization messaging, goals and objectives. The manager will set the overall editorial direction of USP’s public-facing websites and will help unify content from various contributors—making USP websites and overall online presence feel more engaging, trustworthy and cohesive. The manager will interface with senior leadership and knowledge experts in science, strategic marketing, external affairs, etc. and work in a collaborative environment within the global communications team to write compelling content to engage industry, external stakeholders, healthcare professionals and consumers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute on the web content strategy by developing content for websites to keep it fresh and engaging to advance USP’s digital initiatives.
- Manage, create and edit web content working across departments to ensure content is current and relevant to current communications priorities.
- Guide content partners and contributors on best practices of effective web writing.
- Evaluate site content for its value in search engine optimization and optimize web content to increase site traffic from quality readers.
- Partner with global office and publications colleagues for repurposing site content and manage content translations and vendor.
- Work collaboratively with communications and digital engagement teams to create and implement content distribution plan and procedures that support timely and accurate delivery of content to targeted audience leveraging on USP websites.
- Leverage research, data, analytics and multiple inputs of feedback and information to inform content decisions.
- Audit and maintain inventory of all website content assets and refresh schedules.
- Play an integral role in the evolution of USP’s digital initiatives by engaging in strategic planning discussions and providing recommendations to further advance communications goals.
- Foster an open, collaborative and cooperative working environment with internal teams, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or related field required.
- At least five (5) years web writing experience in science, biopharmaceutical industry, public health, technology or similar field required.
- Hands-on experience with content management systems (preferably Drupal), basic HTML and Google Analytics required.
- Superior research, online writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to process technical and scientific information into beneficial messages and content.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, highly adaptable to change and work within tight timelines.
- Ability to work with and influence a wide range of cross-functional teams and leaders within a matrix organization.
- Strategic with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and recommendations for edits.
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational/project management skills.
- Strong knowledge with search engine optimization/marketing and web analytics.
- Must be a team player and work effectively with outside vendors as well as internal colleagues.
- Flexible to occasionally work outside of core business hours when special needs arise (e.g., crisis/rapid response situations, digital initiative deployments, global office support, etc.).
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular