Principal - Pre-School
- Full Time
The Principal assists in the development of the early childhood vision, facilitates the learning needs of all students, fosters collaboration, and promotes the early childhood philosophy consistent with the school division and early childhood community. This job reports to the Executive Director of Elementary Instruction.
- Education: Master's degree in related field.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision, or eligibility to obtain one.
- Minimum of five years of successful experience as an early childhood teacher and/or administrator.
Training in administration, special education, supervision, and curriculum development at the early childhood level.
- Coordinates daily operations in collaboration with Head Start to maintain the safety of children, staff, and visitors.
- Collaborates with the Coordinator, Citywide Early Childhood Programs to ensure implementation of the Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) program according to state and local guidelines.
- Collaborates with Head Start and VPI partners to promote best practices in early childhood programs.
- Collaborates with the Early Childhood Special Education Coordinator to support the implementation of specialized instruction and inclusive practices.
- Monitors the implementation of the curriculum and serves as the instructional leader for program staff.
- Assists in the identification of the needs of children and families and helps to develop strategies to prepare students for Kindergarten.
- Communicates with parents, staff, other ACPS administrators, and community members to establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Assists in the development and implementation of professional development activities for all early childhood staff.
- Assists in the selection, support, and evaluation of assigned personnel to attain the objectives of the early childhood program.
- Utilizes a variety of data sources to assist in decisions for enhancing student, staff, and/or program performance.
- Assists in the annual budget development and administration.
- Practices ethical standards to resolve issues and promote a climate of collaboration and collegiality.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.