Tier 1 and 2 CND Shift Work TS/SCI Required Bolling AFB
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
* Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
* Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
* Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
* Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
* Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Perform Tier 1 and 2 Computer Network Detect duties on a 24 X 7 X 365 network defense watch floor for an enterprise wide organization.
1. Responsible for the analysis and triage of network anomalies that should be considered Events of Interest (EOI). Will provide basic assessment of the anomaly; designate it as an EOI and coordinate response with CND response team.
2. Responsible for escalating EOIs to Responders in a timely manner; with all required information to ensure the response team may act upon it accordingly.
3. Must have a good understanding of networks at a packet level. Must be able to analyze packet captures at the expert level.
4. Must have experience using CND tools to detect network attack; these tools are:
a. Enterprise Security Information and Event Management Systems (SIEM).
b. Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS; IPS).
c. Web Content monitoring systems (WebSense; Bluecoat).
d. Firewall and syslog logs.
5. Must be able to review multiple data sources to gather Indications and Warnings and Attack Sensing and Warnings information.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
* 2-5 years of related experience in data security administration.
* Requires DoD 8570: IAT III and CND-IR;.
* Must be willing to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.