DEPUTY DIRECTOR FOR INSTALLATION SUPPORT
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
PROMOTION ELIGIBLES ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED
- Occasional Travel
- Based on TDY mission requirements
- Based on a signed mobility agreement
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Mobility agreement must be signed
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance
- Salary range does not include locality
- Mandatory CSLP application via MyPers website
- PROMOTION ELIGIBLES ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GS- 13 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-13 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
1. Knowledge of large,complex organizations that provide communications support (computer network, email, telephone, etc.); security; contracting; meals; lodging; recreation;building, utilities, road, and grounds maintenance and repair; as well as other functional support to large installations with many buildings, facilities,roads, and acreage
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures
3. Ability to plan,organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization through subordinate supervisors.
4. Ability to analyze, plan, coordinate, and adjust work operations of multiple organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
5. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
GS-13 applicants must be considered through a competitive process and must apply through the USAJobs announcement and through the MyPers website.
o Those deemed best qualified will be forwarded to the (DT) for vectoring between May - Aug 2017
o Failure to complete both processes will result in the applicant not being considered for GS-13 promotion opportunities; however, this will not impact other civilian developmental education opportunities applicants may identify
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Mobility is a condition of employment. Employee must sign an Air Force-wide mobility agreement.
2. Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyances IAW Joint Travel Regulations may be required in performance of TDY.
3. Defense National Relocation Program is Authorized.
4. PCS costs will be paid IAW CSLP Policy under this agreement.
5. Employee must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance.
6. Work may require extensive travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
This position is established specifically to provide developmental experience designed to broaden the skills and/or enhance the leadership perspective of identified high potential mid-level managers/executives; assignment durations is 36 months. If you have questions about this CSLP opportunity please email: AFPC.DP2Z.CSLP@US.AF.MIL, during the open announcement period.