CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT, (ENTRY-TARGET LEVEL), CY-1702-01/02
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
There when you need us! Child, Youth & School Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. By offering quality programs for children, youth and students, CYS supports the Army Family Covenant by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
This Frederick County, where hip meets historic every day. Here, scenic landscapes provide thrill seekers with adventure, and cutting edge cuisine is served up in Civil War-era buildings alongside unique specialty shops, galleries, museums, and theaters. Located less than one hour from Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Gettysburg, the city of Frederick, Maryland is surrounded by mountain views, wineries, orchards and vibrant Main Street communities. Visitors can hike on the Appalachian Trail, visit Maryland's largest brewery, and tour a battlefield all in one day.
Announcement NENAFBB171920431 has been amended to close on Monday, May 8, 2017, midnight 11:59 pm.
Performs routine or repetitive established tasks, following verbal and written instructions, under close supervision of higher-level employees. Work is reviewed in detail, while in progress and upon completion, to ensure and assess trainee's progress, and to evaluate attainment of training objectives and readiness for increased autonomy and further training.
This announcement can be used to hire for Regular Full/Part Time and Flexible employment categories at management discretion.
This is an intermittent (Flexible) appointment with no guaranteed hours. Duty hours will vary and may include rotating shifts.
Referral list will be sent to management based on upon request.
This is a Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) position located at Forest Glen Annex, Silver Spring, U.S. Army Installation, in the Child, Youth and School Services (CYSS).
- Occasional Travel
- Travel between Silver Spring and Fort Detrick
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease.
- Satisfactory completion (no convictions of child abuse, molestation, neglect, or battering; or drug related offense) of Local and National Background Checks.
Conditions of Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required only for Regular Full/Part Time positions.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
NOTE (1): Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.
NOTE (2): No person, regardless of circumstance, will be approved to provide child care services and/or approved for hire in positions designated as having regular and recurring contact with children if the background check discloses that the individual has been convicted for any of the following: a sexual offense, any criminal offense involving a child victim or a felony drug offense.
Public Trust - Background Investigation