Energy Efficiency Video Communications Intern - Paid
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national nonprofit research organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an intern for summer 2017 to produce videos about energy efficiency. ACEEE acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors. Its communications team promotes energy efficiency with diverse messaging tools that include social media, blog posts, fact sheets, infographics, and videos.
Position Description: The intern will work with the communications team to develop, shoot, and edit videos about the economic and environment benefits of saving energy. The intern will serve a cross-cutting role by working with all ACEEE programs interested in using videos to complement their research and policy efforts These videos are part of a broader effort to boost public understanding of energy efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shoot/edit videos short videos (2-3 minutes) of key researchers discussing their work.
- Work with the Senior Director, Marketing & Communications to develop narratives and a production plan for videos about energy efficiency workers and people benefitting from more efficient products and buildings.
- Brainstorm plan to create videos that promote our conferences, possibly by incorporating attendee testimonials.
- Undergraduate student with a proficiency in short-form video production.
- Interest in and familiarity with environmental issues, especially energy efficiency, is preferred but not required.
- Ability to develop and implement visual storytelling that incorporates photos and video.
- Strong communication skills required.
- A culturally diverse perspective to projects and the workplace.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage multiple assignments (as needed), work efficiently, and meet deadlines.
Timing: This is a 10- week internship starting in May 2017. The project will require a time commitment of 30-40 hours/week.