Global Leadership Programs Internship - Spring 2017
Global Leadership Programs Internship
We are currently accepting applications for Global Leadership Programs Interns for spring 2017 for an immediate start. Individuals with a commitment to international women's advocacy, leadership development and economic empowerment are encouraged to apply. This position may have an optional focus on monitoring and evaluation.
The internship requires a commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns or 2-3 days per week for part-time interns. This internship is unpaid, though Vital Voices complies with university requirements for internship credit. The internship will begin immediately, and interns will have the choice of ending in May or continuing through the summer.
Vital Voices Global Partnership invests in women leaders who improve the world. Founded by former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, and guided by the belief that women are essential to progress in their communities, we partner with leaders from more than 140 countries who advance economic opportunity, increase political and public leadership, and end violence against women. Our programs in strategic planning, business, advocacy and communications build critical skills needed for creating transformational change at scale. Through our global platform, women leaders expand their connections and visibility, accelerating shared progress for all.
The Global Programs Department manages three programs: the Global Ambassadors Program, the Fortune/U.S. State Department Global Women's Mentoring Partnership, and the new DareSoft Fellowship Project. To learn more about our programs, please visit http://www.vitalvoices.org/global-initiatives.
- Assisting with the logistics and preparation for international programs as well as follow-up
- Researching and writing background materials for programs
- Drafting and editing articles and blog posts
- Utilizing social media to promote initiatives and to connect with program participants and alumnae
- Data entry and database management
- Collaborating with Global Leadership Programs staff and M&E staff
- Administrative tasks as necessary
- Interest in and knowledge of global women's issues, international development and/or leadership
- Experience in coordinating logistics for events and programs, including travel, accommodations, etc.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage your time
- Team player with a commitment to seeing a project through to successful completion
- Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literacy (Excel and document formatting skills preferred)
- Social media competency
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative M&E, or equivalent training in M&E
- Foreign language skills a plus
To apply: Please e-mail your resume; a cover letter indicating your availability (full-time or part-time) and your potential start date; and one writing sample of three to five pages to Shereen Tewfik, Program Manager at email@example.com as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please write the subject line of your email as the following: Global Leadership Programs Spring Internship Application.