Functional Coordinator, Document Management System
7 days left
- Full Time
Functional Coordinator, Document Management System
Office of the Registrar
Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
The Functional Coordinator, Document Management System provides planning, implementation support, and ongoing maintenance for systems in the Office of the Registrar. The role primarily focuses on UMUC's Document Management System (DMS), Hyland Software's OnBase, and electronic transcripts systems, but also provides functional and administrative support for other systems and processes. The incumbent develops partnerships with end users throughout the University, including the Registrar, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Military Partnerships, and Enrollment Management offices, to assist with the OnBase implementation project and ongoing support. The Functional Coordinator will serve as a project resource, helping with the documentation, configuration, and training. After the initial project, the Functional Coordinator maintain the DMS by configuring new document structures in the electronic repository, integrations between business application, document capture and data import processes, and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) processing. Additionally, this position will assist with technical support for the system's issues and outages, coordinating with the Office of Information Technology, end users, and vendors to ensure timely resolution and documentation. The Functional Coordinator will assist with planning, implementing, and training on technical solutions by preparing system documentation, training guides and tools, and leading training sessions. The Functional Coordinator will work with other departments, including the project management and information technology teams, and external stakeholder and vendor, serving on projects and workgroups as needed. The incumbent also provides technical support for the electronic transcript (EDI) process, troubleshooting issues and providing logistical support for developing trading partnerships.
The Functional Coordinator is part of a growing, collaborative team that will implement and support document imaging, data capture and electronic transcript data import for the Office of the Registrar and entire University community.
1. (30%) Coordinate, support, and advise the implementation of technology and provide ongoing support to end users, specifically for UMUC's OnBase implementation and Electronic Data Interchange systems, and occasionally for other systems used in the Office of the Registrar. Develop relationships with end-user to document, analyze, configure, and support the Document Management System. Identify problems, and develop and implement logical conclusions and effective solutions. Create user stories, functional requirement, and system requirement document. Setup and configure software to meet specific business needs and use cases. Participate in testing and quality assurance of systems and enhancements. Provide troubleshooting for information systems by researching and resolving issues related to the Document Management System and electronic transcript processes by working with the Office of Information Technology, end users, vendors, external colleagues, and other resources as part of the tier-2 technical support process. Attending training session and use other resources to stay current on OnBase and other technologies.
2. (20%) Overseas the daily Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transcript process, handling the daily process and errors. Review, manipulate, translate EDI data using the TS130 and PESC XML standards. Resolve issues with other groups within the Office of the Registrar and the University System of Maryland. Assist in the development and management electronic transcript trading partnerships within the State of Maryland and other high-volume institutions by outreaching to other institutions, providing analysis on data, testing data files, and coordinating exchange. Implement changes to improve the EDI process and allow UMUC to increase the volume of EDI transcripts. Create and present reports and other materials related to the ongoing support and adoption of EDI.
3. (20%) Cultivate partnerships with end users of Office of the Registrar and other UMUC departments, including Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Military Partnerships, and Enrollment Management, to maintain and expand software and services within the DMS. Work in close collaboration with other departments for related projects and initiatives. Create documentation and support materials. Make recommendations for business process and how to best use and OnBase. Evaluate technology and software and analyze effectiveness within UMUC. Formulate, analyze, and recommend cost-effective system improvements.
4. (20%) Train end users on technology, software, and issue resolution. Develop training materials and plans. Design and configure training environments and technology. Conduct user training, solicit and analyze feedback on training sessions. Update and maintain related intranet pages using the Jive Software platform and multimedia and contemporary design principles. Handle all administrative aspects of training, including reserving rooms, coordinating schedules, emailing stakeholders, attending planning meetings, and taking notes.
5. (10%) Using a broad range of technical skills and functional expertise, perform other duties and projects as assigned. Serve on departmental projects, providing technical expertise and support. Assist in the creation of project plans and documentations. Share and communicate with stakeholders and give presentations as needed.
Total = 100%
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university (or equivalent).
- Two (2) years of experience with enterprise-wide systems or applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions independently.
- The capability of prioritizing and managing multiple administrative tasks and work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to work with MS Office, Google Apps, and other business tools, including the ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets and other data sources.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Two (2) years of work experience in a University or other Higher Education related setting, especially working with OnBase, or PeopleSoft Academic Advising or Campus Community modules, or Electronic Data Interchange for transcripts.
- Knowledge of electronic transcripts, data standards, and media.
- Hyland Onbase certifications.
- Technical training methodology and best practices.
- Project management methodology and best practices.
- Functional expertise of the Registrar's, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, or Enrollment Management offices and processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical documentation and writing.
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.