Willing to relocate? Experienced construction superintendents wanted for central VA projects. Experience with large, commercial multi-family projects is desired. Join KBS, Inc., one of Virginia's largest commercial contractors. We offer competitive salary and benefits, company vehicle or vehicle allowance and relocation to central Virginia. Check out our website at www. kbsgc.com.
- Coordinate with Owner and design team to assure conformance to contract requirements.
- Review, understand, and comply with contract requirements relating to issues such as inspection procedures, claims notification, shutdown notifications, etc.
- Effectively schedule and coordinate on-site work operations.
- Create and maintain 3-Week Look Ahead: cross-reference with the Master CPM Schedule to assure job progress is maintained.
- Supervise Asst. Superintendent and craft activities determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, etc.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work scheduling, etc.) as required.
- Manage the on-site safety program. Understand and implement all safety requirements, regulations, and laws that pertain to the project.
- Maintain an updated Record Set of Contract Documents at the job site, including all as-built information, and up-to-date field changes or change order modifications to the project.
- Review approved submittals and cross-reference between trades to ensure that the work conforms to contract requirements.
- Review, understand, and enforce all project specific subcontract agreements and supplier purchase orders.
- Monitor and control project costs; ensure cost effective procedures are followed.
- Lead weekly (or more frequently as required) safety toolbox meetings.
- Lead Daily Huddles mapping out daily tasks and the expected performance of the workers.
- Perform weekly safety inspections.
- Participate in the initial creation of the project plan.
- Provide insight regarding the impact of the changed condition to the Project Team for inclusion in claim and change order proposals. Monitor and document changed work operations and impact.
- Monitor and update master CPM schedule.
- Oversee the job site management of project documentation, inclusive of:
- Plans & Specifications
- Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
- Submittals, RFI’s and Correspondence
- Claims and Change Orders
- Progress Photos
- Punch-lists and Inspection Reports
Minimum five years commercial construction management with a general contractor in field assistant superintendent capacity or a four-year degree in construction management; architecture; engineering, etc. or any equivalent combination of education and experience to meet job requirements.
Thorough knowledge of all aspects of commercial and/or multi-family construction (technology, equipment, methods); engineering, cost control , schedules and safety required.
Excellent organizational, planning and leadership skills essential.
Knowledge of construction finance; ability to understand and evaluate pertinent cost figures such as “Cost at Completion", “Projected Revenues" and “Projected Fee".
Effective written communication and verbal interpersonal skills essential. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and team members.
Excellent supervisory skills
Strong analytical skills; Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Computer mastery of Windows based applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Timberline job costing and PJ module and various scheduling packages.
Must have valid drivers license; good driving record.