Commercial Contracts Manager
Commercial Contracts Manager
The Contracts Manager will provide contractual and business support to the Director, Contracts and the Aireon team through the daily negotiation, placement and management of non-governmental commercial agreements. The Contracts Manager will work with all levels of employees within the organization, including senior staff, in negotiating and managing agreements, driving greater efficiencies through the improvement of existing processes, reporting and tools and provide improvements in the service to the Aireon team and Aireon’s customers. This position will initially focus on subcontractors and vendors, with support of international customer agreements dependent on the demonstration of necessary skills, international considerations and business acumen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpreting and writing non-governmental and international commercial contract terms, including, but not limited to, services warranties, indemnification, limitations of liability, intellectual property, work-for-hire and related provisions.
- Evaluate contract risk, perform liability trades, assess non-standard provisions to determine risk to the company and propose/write alternatives and counter-proposed terms using contractual expertise and sound business judgment.
- Liaise across multiple groups to assess, discuss and obtain necessary information.
- Provide sound contract and business advice, interpretations and recommendations to the technical, program, public relations, sales and executive teams.
- Ability to “think on one’s feet,” address issues with short response timeframes and develop reasonable, prudent and workable solutions.
- Collaborate across teams to continually improve processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Assist the Director, Contracts in a wide range of contractual implementations and projects.
- Implement company policies, directions and initiatives and recommend improvements to same.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- This is a non-supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree a plus.
- Experience in non-governmental, commercial contracts.
- Nominally 3-10 years of direct contracts experience.
- “Roll up the sleeves and get it done” approach.Must be able to work independently.
- Experience dealing with global resources to implement Aireon’s contractual and business needs across the organization.
- Ability to travel (including international travel) on a limited basis, with potential increase in travel requirements in the future.
- Personal initiative to anticipate requests before they are received.
- Maintain a flexible schedule due to supporting an international team operating across multiple time zones.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with fellow associates at various levels within the firm, as well as suppliers and customers.
- Individual must be comfortable working in a fast paced, high-energy environment that is deadline driven, detail oriented, and have the ability to juggle a wide variety of tasks, deadlines and activities.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and help develop and execute the contracting process, including the use of automated contracting approval tools and databases.
- Must possess strong skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and specialized databases/programs.
- This position requires strong interpersonal skills, an energetic, proactive flexible individual who can work independently and as a team player.
- Proven experience in working with senior-level executives.
- Possess excellent organizational, management, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Development of clear, workable processes, obtain coordination/buy-in with involved departments and implement same.
- Aviation and/or Air Traffic Management knowledge a plus.
- International business/contracting experience.
Please submit for consideration on the Iridium Satellite LLC Website at: http://iridium.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-750435.html