Desktop Support Technician
5 days left
- Full Time
Provide Tier 2 level user and hardware support of Windows based network systems as a Desktop Support Technician. Must have an Active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance and be Eligible for an SCI
- Installs; configures; and upgrades software and hardware in a multi-domain environment using standard business and administrative packages; and may modify specific applications for use in operational departments.
- Responsibilities include installing and configuring computers; and monitoring network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers; scanners; and related hardware.
- Configuring CISCO switch ports; additionally pulls cables and rewires; or guides the work of others in the rewiring of; cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Troubleshoots computer hardware and software issues including; e-mail; network and peripheral equipment; and makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Coordinates priorities with numerous functional areas to ensure timely completion; acts as a primary interface for both internal and external customers.
- Must be self-motivated and have a capacity to determine the correct course of action on their own; as well as work through issues with minimal help from others.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Security+ CE Certification required; DoD compliance 8570.01M applies
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification desired
- Requires a strong working knowledge of information systems and application fundamentals
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills; shows tact; effective listening skills and follow through
- Pursues ongoing education in technical topics
- MS Server 2008 R2/2012R2 Operating Systems
- MS Windows 7 SP1; Windows 10 Operating System
- Microsoft Active Directory / Exchange
- Microsoft Office / Outlook
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work