Cloud DevOps Manager
General Dynamics Health Solutions is actively looking for a Project Manager to help lead the transformation of existing applications and design new apps for a cloud based, modern architecture. In this position, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of millions of Americans by working on systems that increase access to care, improve health outcomes and control costs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically but isn’t afraid to dig down into the code once in a while, and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them. Manages a team of technical staff that supports critical IT operations and application development in a cloud environment. Work to support operational excellence and institute a DevOps framework across a multi-disciplinary team. Will provide guidance to technical staff and be responsible for the development of project plans, schedules, and spend plans. Will work with technical staff to develop operational efficiencies through automation, continuous improvement, and keeping pace with current technology trends.
- Lead responsible for the management and oversight of cloud services delivery for multiple applications.Responsible for the direct management of staff.Interact with IT engineers and development teams to design, plan, and execute application migrations from data center infrastructures to cloud environments.Lead the effective and efficient delivery of large, complex projects with a distributed team of technical and non-technical staff.Anticipate roadblocks, provide escalation to management, make timely, thoughtful decisions, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.Expertly manage people and processes for the greater good of the organization and customers.Identify, track, and mitigate issues and risks.Communicate status information to stakeholders in a highly effective manner to ensure build confidence within and around the team.Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing prioritiesIdentify, develop, and grow talent in the Cloud Services team.Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks.Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate managers.Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison.Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.Coordinates development of deliverables and products.Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
- Training and Certification in cloud technologies and services.
- 10-12 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.10+ years of experience in the IT infrastructure services or development field.5+ years of experience leading IT engineering teams of 5 or more.2-5 years of experience in a cloud environment.Demonstrated experience leading teams, able to motivate and engage with a distributed team.Understanding of cloud services including AWS, Azure, and private cloud.Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.Experience with tools such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project to manage tasks and communicate and update stakeholders and team members.Possess a real desire to improve customer experience.Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology.Demonstrated experience in driving DevOps methodologies.Experience supporting Federal civilian and health agencies a plus.Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.Ability to drive task prioritization across many independent and interdependent teams.Ability to lead projects using the Scrum/Agile framework.Ability to drive cross-team initiatives on time and on budget.Ability to mitigate project risks and communicate risks effectively.Possess ability to work independently and take accountability for actions.Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.Must be in the Baltimore/DC area and able to travel to area client sites as needed.Green card holder or US Citizen only.