Sr Program Analyst (w/ Polygraph)
7 days left
- Full Time
Performs complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program.
1. Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program.
2. Develops plans, including budgets and schedules, and monitors tasks to meet contractual/project requirements for assigned program.
3. Establishes and defines program plan requirements and performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans.
4. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met.
5. Interacts regularly with customers and other industry representatives to ensure conformance to customer requirements.
6. May perform business development activities.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced employees.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
* Active TS-SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
* Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
* 5-8 years of related experience.
* As a member of the customer's front office staff, incumbent will be the "go to person" for a busy/highly visible component.
-Must have advanced skills in creating highly effective PowerPoint presentations
-Must be well organized
-Must have excellent communication skills, especially written
-Experience in arranging/organizing management/review boards is highly desired
The incumbent will also be responsible for performing a number of administrative tasks for the front office and management staff, possibly including, but not limited to scheduling personnel for specialized training, tracking the arrival and departure of all customer and contract personnel, to include arranging for IT/computer accesses, as well as special projects as assigned. Incumbent must be process oriented and will be responsible for organizing office all-hands and other meetings/events.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.