Virtual Desktop Engineer (TS-SCI w/ Polygraph)
5 days left
- Full Time
You will provide engineering support on a team of 10 identifying system issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal including: technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, test solutions, perform risk analysis, and supportability. You will work with Citrix in a Windows and LINUX environment. You will ensure the Visio designs (e.g., Network, SW, engineering) are compatible with the baseline architecture. You will perform testing and Quality Control on engineering solutions from the team as well as publish applications for a virtual pooled environment and write PowerShell scripts. You may also analyze and recommend commercially available software.
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
* Provision servers and creating a gold disk for them.
* Analyze and study complex system requirements.
* Establishing Policies for the Citrix environment.
* Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
* Working with virtual technologies, Windows, O&M of these OSs.
* Ability to provide Tier 3 support.
* Active TS-SCI security clearance with Full Scope Polygraph.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
* 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
* Hands on experience with MS Windows 2008 R2 server and Server 2012
* Windows Engineering with Citrix engineering experience.
* Citrix Products: XenApp, XenServer, NetScalers, and XenDesktop 7.9
* Blade Storage Concepts
* MS Hyper-V
* Working knowledge of Active Directory
* Solid troubleshooting skills
* Ability to self-learn, act on own initiative and work in a dynamic environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills are required
* Strong customer service skills
* Strong customer service orientation
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
* MCSE/MCITP a plus
* VDI Environment experience
* Experience with Cloud services
Certifications: Citrix Engineer Certification
Work Hours: Core hours are between 9:30am - 2:30pm, occasional non-standard hours support.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.