Data Center Infrastructure Systems Architect (TS-SCI)
1. Researches, designs, develops Data Center Solutions (Systems, Networking, Storage, IA, EMS) for large scale, multi-site solutions. Expert in Data Center capabilities and functionality (consolidation, virtualization (systems, storage and networking), applications virtualization, cloud design). Experienced in service automation and provisioning, power consumption and distribution, cooling and floor loading. Understanding of Data Center implementation planning and sequencing, Development, Test and Government Accreditation process, Applications Migration, Data and User transition, Centralized Systems Operations, Backup, COOP, and other ITIL process disciplines that contribute to Total Cost of Ownership.
* Defines architecture requirements/performance standards to meet management and customer specifications and most cost effective. Evaluating/documenting Data Center design and Cloud design alternatives and qualifying efficiency and cost effectiveness.
* Conceives, designs, prototypes, tests new methods, algorithms, models (may include logic design, I/O design, model formulation, development cost projections).
* Identifies/directs resolution of hardware/software interface issues.
* Conduct trade off analysis to identify cost effective means to staff and operate designed services. Performs systems modeling, simulation, analysis.
* Perform Client Assessment. Able to collaborate with key stakeholders assessing client's As-Is environment, construct a To-Be vision based on strategic goals, and a road-map to achieve the To-Be vision based on Cloud Architect scalability
* Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems. Plans/directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
* Identify mechanisms to efficiently transition customers from legacy solutions to system solution designs being proposed. To include transition from legacy identify management systems without loss of service.
* May be bid as Key Personnel in Solution Delivery.
* Can serve as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
2. Leads the development of compliant, clear, and compelling proposal content to support capture of large systems integration and delivery efforts. Artifacts include proposal response volumes, Systems Architectures, System Development Packages, BoMs.
3. Leads development of the Service Delivery CONOPS for Data Center Solutions. Artifacts include proposal response volumes, Systems Delivery Plans, Organization Charts, Staffing Estimates, BoEs.
4. Contributes to Sales efforts and creation of specific White Papers and Demonstration content to identify and leverage GDIT existing capabilities into new accounts.
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Masters degree preferred.
* 15-20 years systems engineering experience.
* Experience understanding and identifying customer "hot buttons" and developing a plan/approach that addresses each.
* Experience leading and building team consensus and conveying the necessary messages in a compelling proposal volume.
* Expert knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
* Design Experience in large scale, enterprise-wide systems, providing user facing core IT services such as virtualized cloud architectures, virtual desktop, email, unified communications, or related Enterprise productivity applications.
* Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
* Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, Unified Communications products
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.