Marketing Manager - School of Continuing Studies
Marketing Manager - School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) fulfills the university's educational mission by offering a wide range of degree programs and applied learning experiences to a broad and inclusive community of students and professionals. The educational programs found within Georgetown SCS combine theory with practice through rigorous curricula led by experts in their fields, providing opportunities for students to excel academically and professionally. In keeping with Georgetown's Catholic and Jesuit heritage and values, SCS educates women and men to be self-reflective, critical thinkers who are committed to serve in greater society.
The Marketing Manager advances the student recruitment efforts and reputation of SCS, as well as the work of the marketing team, departments, and central administrative offices by developing and coordinating marketing efforts to SCS audiences. In a key role the Marketing Manager produces strategic marketing communications for the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies. This position plays a key role on the Marketing team by managing marketing plans and tactics for assigned programs across digital and traditional environments for both internal and external audiences In coordination with the Executive Director of Strategic Marketing and Senior Marketing Manager, this position manages prospective student marketing and communications and executes school-wide and department-level tactics for digital and traditional marketing, communications and unpaid media. .
Manage marketing and recruitment activities for assigned degree programs
- Liaises with advertising agency and provides clear direction to create and implement lead generation marketing campaigns
- Manages day-to-day marketing activities for assigned programs.
- Reviews accuracy of layouts, and manages internal review process and traffic advertising proofs.
- Monitors marketing plan performance in order to meet program enrollment goals.
- Partners with all relevant stakeholders across the organization to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
- Manages internal branding through consistent application and use of graphic assets
- Oversees video, photoshoots and webinars.
- Maintains up-to-date website and CRM communications plans.
- Proactively optimizes conversions of inquiries and started applications.
Regular analysis and reporting of marketing campaign performance for assigned programs and continuous evaluation of media/tactics for optimizing recruitment
- Analyzes marketing campaign performance and makes recommendations based on key lessons learned.
- Provides proactive insights to internal marketing partners to drive results in lead generation.
- Conducts competitive benchmarking for existing and new programs to inform marketing and product development strategy.
- Monitors social media performance and engagement.
- Creates and administers surveys.
Provide excellent client service and consult to academic programs supporting their recruitment, communications and promotional efforts
- Establishes regular communications channels with clients.
- Facilitates communications outreach for clients through our CRM, social media, and other means.
- Proactively manages client expectations.
- Documents meetings and provides regular status updates.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience in marketing, advertising, media planning, and/or branding; agency experience a plus
- Some experience with the creative process—from creative brief through execution of assets
- Strong writing, editing, and project management skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office; working knowledge of Google Analytics, SEM/SEO and social media, and experience with CRM and email systems preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of management within SCS and across the University
- Prior experience in lead-generation marketing such as events, webinars, direct mail, and email
- Demonstrated ability to manage and leverage available resources
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team to solve problems and manage details
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.