Program Manager for the Master's in Professional Studies (MPS) in Hospitality Management - School f
Program Manager for the Master's in Professional Studies (MPS) in Hospitality Management - School for Continuing Studies
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) fulfills the university's educational mission by offering a wide range of degree programs and applied learning experiences to a broad and inclusive community of students and professionals. The educational programs found within Georgetown SCS combine theory with practice through rigorous curricula led by experts in their fields, providing opportunities for students to excel academically and professionally. In keeping with Georgetown's Catholic and Jesuit heritage and values, SCS educates women and men to be self-reflective, critical thinkers who are committed to serve in greater society
The Program Manager for the Master's in Professional Studies (MPS) in Hospitality Management provides administrative, programmatic, and student support the MPS program. The Program Manager and the Executive Director have joint responsibility for the continued development and operation of programs - to include enhancing quality, and building and sustaining positive relationships with faculty, administrators, prospective and enrolled students, and other university offices. While Executive Director makes final decisions in all program matters, the Program Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Oversees all instructional support, including assisting with scheduling courses and serving as the main contact person for faculty, staff and students.
- Assists in recommending initiatives to build the program and curricula and to foster faculty and student community across the university and in the community.
- Leads the communication efforts of the program, including managing both website content and social media outlets.
- Indirectly manages student assistants.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the program and provides assistance to MPS students.
- Attends to adjunct faculty needs (for example, obtaining GOCards, placing book orders, making arrangements for guest lecturers, and managing classroom needs).
- Serves as the administrative liaison among SCS divisions and various University departments and entities.
- Coordinates the placement process for students seeking internships.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of an outreach campaign to set up formal relationships with local entities to procure internships and other professional opportunities for MPS students.
- Supports the faculty recruitment and contracting and serves as the cost center manager.
- Assists with event planning and all other recruitment, student, and alumni activities.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Computer proficiency
- 3 years program management or advising experience in higher education and/or real estate
- Working knowledge of academic programs and enrollment planning - preferably serving adults in continuing education
- Experiences in both classroom and online environments
- Experience in developing, executing or participating in online education
- Ability to maximize internal and external resources
- Exceptional organizational and writing abilities
- Willingness to take initiative
- Strong writing ability, interpersonal skills and detail orientation
- Ability to adhere to strict requirements for confidentiality sthat display professionalism
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.