AboutWeb is seeking a talented Java Developer for a position in downtown Washington D.C. to help us build an Internet-facing citizen engagement system. Using a light-weight Java framework and a continuous integration environment, you'll join our team of developers building the next-generation of customer engagement systems for federal service agencies.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and either have Public Trust clearance or have certainty of obtaining clearance.
- Work with product owners and team lead to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Gradle, Git and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Geb, Spock and Selenium
- Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of recent experience developing and implementing software solutions using Java
- 1+ years of experience working in an agile environment
- 1+ year of Spring, RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- 1+ years of experience in using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
- 1+ years of database experience with Oracle and Hibernate
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance