Enterprise Service Desk Specialist I
Enterprise Service Desk Specialist I
Location: Madison/Huntsville, AL or Fort Worth, TX
Must be a US Citizen and Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Under direct supervision, conduct operations in support of the Enterprise Service Desk and existing non-local Service Desks, execute scripts, produce tailored reports, conduct audits, conduct Tier 1 analysis for Service Desk escalation, open and close tickets, correlate events and incidents for management of Information Technology Services. Experience using Remedy. Familiar with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Primary support and interface to ensure all Service Desk resources are utilized in the most efficient manner. Assists the IMO with daily functions of computer, network, and software management for the site and all users.
- Provides immediate response to all customers who contact the Enterprise Service Desk. Person to person interaction involves troubleshooting, information exchange and help with ticket submission and issues. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Provides telephone customer support for incoming and follow up calls used for initial troubleshooting.
- May be required to work for 12 hour shifts utilizing Remedy call management software and other tools, to log and manage trouble tickets. Must have the technical ability to accurately determine call routing for trouble tickets that cannot be resolved immediately at the Enterprise Service Desk.
- Troubleshoots Microsoft OS issues on Army Gold Master/Universal Gold Master along with setup and Microsoft Office 2007. Troubleshoots all other site authorized software with IMOs and users.
- Creates logon and email accounts using Microsoft Exchange Server and User Manager. Manages Network Services with Server Manager, Print Queue Management and CISCO VMPS Administration.
- Works within a small continuous improvement focused team. Tracks and documents work performed to allow accurate reporting of all Enterprise Service Desk activities. Completes all tasks and assignments as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Desktop computer, printer/copier, digital sender, telephones, Remedy 7.6, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Print Queue Management, Army Gold Master/Universal Gold Master, Microsoft Office with a focus on Outlook 2007, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Working environment will be in an open office area.
Individual must be able to lift up to 20 lbs unassisted. Personnel will also be required to sit and talk on the phone for long periods of time.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High school diploma or GED. Graduate of military or technical courses in the field of Information Technology. This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level I certification and corresponding Computing Environment (CE) certification. Must have at least one of the following 8570 certifications: Security+ ce, CASP, CCNA Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GSEC, GCED, GCIH, Network+ ce, or SSCP. Must have at least one of the following CE certifications: MCP, MCTS.
Should have minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a Service Desk environment. A certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is desirable, as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Ability to work on a team.
Have outstanding customer service skills and work with customers at various knowledge levels.
Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.