Seeking Orthodontic Assistants for an Orthodontic Practice in Manassas
Looking for Orthodontic Assistants ready to make a difference in the lives of families? Below is a description of what your job would entail. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow professionally while serving your community at the same time. Do you have what is takes?
Our practice is a growing practice and isn't just about braces, it’s about making smiles. Our team members are team players to the whole practice experience from calming a nervous child to putting together fun events in the community. We all work as a team! Working with us means being challenged, having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a friend, and being part of a change that starts with a patient. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. Currently, we operate in two locations where the majority of the work would be in Manassas. Orthodontist Assistants rotate to the Ashburn Satellite Office 2-3 days per month, but all other work is at our Manassas Office Monday through Friday. This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Deliver quality and compassionate orthodontic care to every patient assisting the Orthodontist
- Guide parents and patients through the Dr. D’s Smiles process before each treatment begins
- Educate patients and parents in oral hygiene needed and provide instructions when needed
- Take X-Rays/facial photos and maintain patient charts ensuring accuracy in treatment updates
- Prepare orthodontic equipment daily in preparation for the day
- Prepare impression materials and retainers
- Clean operatory and orthodontic equipment weekly
- Provide insight to Dr. D, the Orthodontic Management and Treatment Coordinator for areas improving orthodontics care or areas needing their attention
- Contribute to the planning and execution of practice marketing by participating in the marketing events and prepare content needed for upcoming marketing events and for all social media outlets under the direction of the Office Manager scheduled throughout the year
If you meet these MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS, send us your resume at email@example.com
- Demonstrated experience in preparing patients and assisting doctor for bonding and banding procedures
- Demonstrated experience in assisting the Doctor with the initial bonding and removal of braces and bands, removal of cement other orthodontic appliances: LLHA, RME, Lip Bumpers, Head Gear, Forsus Twin force, Bite Turbos, C III springs, Closing Springs
- Demonstrated experience in cleaning instruments and work areas in accordance with sterilization and disinfectant protocol
- Demonstrated experience with skillful use of orthodontic hand instruments
- Demonstrated experience in taking impressions and bite registrations as well as pouring and trimming plaster models for labs or presentation.
- Demonstrated experience performing routine maintenance of braces including changing arch wires, elastic ligatures and power chains, placing of open and closed coils, bonding lingual retainers etc.
- Demonstrated experience applying placing separators, and fitting and cementing bands.
- Trained in taking digital panoramic and ceph x-rays.
- Proficient in accurately charting patient's treatment and progress.
- Demonstrated experience educating patients on oral hygiene and appliance care to motivate patients in order to achieve the best results from orthodontic treatment.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling patients
- Demonstrated experience developing appropriate treatment plans.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of dental trays & orthodontic equipment in preparation for examinations and procedures
- Demonstrated experience answering phones politely and scheduling/confirming office appointments and procedures
- Demonstrated experience accurately recording treatment information in patient records
- Demonstrated experience working closely with patients before, during and after dental procedures
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
Here are our HIGHLY DESIRED REQUIREMENTS.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Dental or Orthodontic Assistant certifications
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask any question you may have. An application packet will be sent to you after receipt of your resume. 3 professional references will be required on your resume.
Apply for Orthodontic Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly