Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations
4 days left
- Full Time
Saint James School is a co-educational college preparatory school near Hagerstown, Maryland, serving students in grades 8-12. Founded in 1842, Saint James is a co-ed Episcopal boarding and day school with 225 students. Located in the beautiful, rolling hills of Western Maryland, Hagerstown is just over an hour’s drive from the District of Columbia and Baltimore.
The School is seeking an energetic and experienced professional as its new Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations, effective immediately. The Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations collaborates closely with his or her Development and Communications colleagues and members of the Saint James School community to cultivate and solicit support for the School from alumni, parents, friends, and other constituents.
Annual Giving: Supports the Director of Development and Alumni Relations in all efforts associated with the School’s Annual Fund. This includes cultivation and solicitation of Annual Fund gifts, planning and conducting mailings and phonathons, managing the matching gift program, and using the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to enter gifts and generate reports.
Alumni Relations: Responsible for all aspects of alumni outreach, including event planning and support for the Alumni Council and Class Agents. The Assistant Director recruits, trains, and supports alumni volunteers. He or she manages the alumni program and a wide variety of events with the goal of building and strengthening alumni engagement and giving.
Event Planning: Plans and participates in a number of School and alumni events. The events are held both on- and off-campus, and may require short-term travel.
Other: Helps maintain the Giving and Alumni pages of the School’s website. He or she maintains accurate constituent information in the donor database and on the School’s website. The Assistant Director also assists with fundraising for capital projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus a minimum of two years of demonstrated, professional experience, and increased responsibility for a nonprofit organization, preferably an Independent or Catholic school, or in higher education. Prior alumni relations experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing all aspects of event planning.
- Competency with Microsoft Office products (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and database programs. Proficiency with enterprise-level website administration and Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills, including persuasive letters, newsletter articles, social media, miscellaneous correspondence, timelines, and reports.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills with ability to work effectively in a busy office setting.
- Ability to collaborate and to function as a team player.
- Ability to manage several projects at once and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Experience recruiting, motivating, supporting, and managing volunteers of a wide age range.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as warranted by meetings, events, or other departmental needs.
- Demonstrated experience in tracking and managing expenses for events and other programs.
- Enthusiasm for developing, nurturing, and strengthening relationships, while creating opportunities for deeper engagement.
Campus housing may be available. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, two writing samples, salary requirements, and resume to: Director of Communications at email@example.com
No phone calls. Applicants should apply by April 3, 2017.
Apply for Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly