Director, New Business Development
United Way Worldwide is the world’s largest privately-funded nonprofit. Our global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. United Way envisions a world in which all individuals and families develop and achieve their full potential through education, income stability, and healthy living. United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen–we invite you to be a part of the change–to Live United.
As Director, New Business Development, you are one part sales leader and one part skilled relationship manager. You are a motivated “hunter” and are comfortable engaging the C-suite level with large multi-national corporations. This position will report directly to the VP, Business Development.
In this role, you will focus on client acquisition of Fortune 500 and Global 500 companies for membership in United Ways Global Corporate Leadership (GCL) program. GCL is a premier program at United Way currently consisting of 85 of the largest multi-national corporate partners who globally raise over $1 billion for United Way. You will build relationships, foster prospects, nurture the pipeline and sell United Way employee engagement, impact investment and reputation solutions to enterprise clients. You are motivated by making a difference for all communities for helping corporate partners achieve better business outcomes and for hitting revenue targets.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Drive revenue for United Way Worldwide and the United Way Network through partnering with local United Ways to identify and bring corporate partners into the GCL program.
- Identify and penetrate new industries and markets where United Way partnership does not currently exist.
- In partnership with VP, develop clear protocols for prioritization, engagement and transition of corporations to Corporate Relations team for ongoing management.
- Partner with Director, Business Development to build development plans for key targets
- Engage with and support the Investor Relations team including Business Development, Major Gifts, Corporate Relations and Foundation Relations along with other functions at United Way Worldwide.
- Be able to clearly articulate United Ways brand value, mission and vision and its unique positioning to solve some of the most critical challenges that impact the communities we serve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree with at least eight to ten years of progressive experience in a similar role, and at least three to five years of experience in a leadership role.
- Requires masterful corporate relations, consultative sales experience and strategic philanthropy knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are enthusiastic about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA; minutes from downtown Washington, DC. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: free parking and onsite gym; health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; tuition assistance; paid time off; medical appointment leave; family sick leave; employee assistance program; monthly volunteer opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. Please apply via the online system. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.