Part Time Field Interviewer
Are you passionate about conducting work that could influence public policy? Are you comfortable going door-to-door to gather meaningful data? Are you organized and accurate in your record-keeping abilities? If so, you could be a great fit for this position!
On behalf of RTI International, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking Part-Time Field Interviewers (FIs) to collect data for the National Panel of Tobacco Consumer Studies (TCS). The FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products (FDA-CTP) is conducting the TCS to better understand what tobacco users know or how they feel about FDA regulatory actions.
As a Part-Time Field Interviewer, you will…
- Visit homes to determine eligibility of household members, and complete the required number of in-person interviews with eligible participants using an RTI-provided tablet
- Obtain cooperation of household members by effectively answering questions and addressing concerns
- Compile all required activities in a professional manner, while maintaining the integrity of all information acquired
- Maintain a professional, cooperative relationship with your project staff, objectively sharing your thoughts while displaying an understanding of project management’s concerns
- Prior successful experience with field data collection activities
- Prior experience using a tablet
- Reliable personal automobile available for business use
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills
- Able to accept assignments of varying duration on short notice
Required Training Attend a mandatory 4 day paid training the week of March 27th in Raleigh, NC. Note that for some staff this training may be 4.5 days.
Hours and Pay Rate
- This position falls under the Services Contract Act (SCA). Hourly wage will be determined based on the county in which work is being performed. The pay rate for Montgomery County, MD is $20.03/hour
- In addition to hourly pay, a Health and Welfare stipend of $4.02
- This position has variable part-time hours; must be available at least 20 hours per week
- Data collection period: Begins immediately after training through June, 2017 with the opportunity for additional work through June, 2019 in selected areas TBD.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.