Student Volunteer Intern
This announcement was open from December 11, thru December 31, 2016. There is no need to submit an additional application to be considered if you previously applied.
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is the President's Regulatory Agency for Federal Government's Human Resources Management. Our key responsibility is to ensure OPM support agencies in recruiting, hiring and retaining a merit-based, high-quality, diverse workforce necessary to meet the needs of the American people.
Do you have a desire to truly make an impact on government? Are you interested in learning more about careers in Public Service? Do you want to assist with analyzing data collected from Federal agencies on Talent Development? Then, consider being a Student Volunteer Intern with the Strategic Workforce Planning (SWP) office in the Employee Services (ES) Organization at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
- Not Required
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The volunteer student intern must possess the following qualities:
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- A working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited graduate degree program in a relevant area such as Public Policy, Public Administration, Political Science, Industrial Organizational Psychology, or similar areas of study.
You must be a student accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, degree) in a qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled).
Education must be accredited by an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Applicants may verify accreditation at the following website: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by OPM accordingly.