Innovation and Strategic Investments Internship - Spring 2017
We are currently accepting applications for the Innovation and Strategic Investments internship position for Spring 2017. Individuals with a demonstrated commitment to international women's advocacy, leadership development, public diplomacy, social entrepreneurship, economic empowerment and civil society development are encouraged to apply. The internship requires an ideal commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns, or 20 hours a week for part-time interns. This is an unpaid internship, though Vital Voices will comply with university requirements for internship credit. Start and end dates are flexible, with a preference being given to interns able to start at the beginning of March.
Vital Voices Global Partnership is committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the tools they need to become leaders in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings, and direct support the Innovation and Strategic Investments Department provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally. In addition, the Innovation and Strategic Investments Department develops tailored strategies for Vital Voices' most established leaders to enable them to achieve their bold and innovative visions for changing their communities and countries.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and editing articles and blog posts for the website
- Using social media platforms to raise visibility for members of the Vital Voices Global Leadership Network
- Researching and writing background materials for programs
- Assisting with the logistics and implementation of local, domestic and international programs and events as well as follow-up
- Administrative tasks as necessary
- Interest in and knowledge of global women's issues, international development, using social media for social change and/or women's leadership
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent communications and digital media skills
- Experience developing social media campaigns and using content and contact management platforms a plus
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Computer literacy (Excel, online portal management, and document formatting skills preferred)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities, with experience in coordinating travel a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
To apply: Please e-mail a cover letter indicating your availability (full time or part time), resume, one writing sample of no more than 3 pages, and one reference with contact information to email@example.com. Please use "ISI Spring Internship Application_YOUR LAST NAME" as the subject of your e-mail. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit applications as soon as possible. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the competitive pool of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls, please.